8 Healthy Benefits from eating tomatoes you did not know

0
318
tomatoes image

The tomato is a famous fruit belonging to the nightshade family belonging native to South America. However, despite being a fruit it is known and eaten as a vegetable in many places around the globe.

Eating tomatoes is one of the best things you will be doing to yourself because this will not only add more taste to your food but will also provide you with several benefits.

Its rich red color comes from lycopene; which is a rare and powerful antioxidant found only in just a few foods. This makes tomatoes even more special. Moreover; tomato offers a decent amount of Vitamin C and potassium ions which are both the absolute need of our bodies. They help in lowering the blood pressure as well.

The Major 95% of tomato is made up of water and the remaining 5% consists of mostly carbohydrates and carbs.

Some other nutrients that are found in Tomatoes are:

Ø Calories: 18

Ø Water: 95%

Ø Protein: 0.9 grams

Ø Carbs: 3.9 grams

Ø Sugar: 2.6 grams

Ø Fiber: 1.2 grams

Ø Fat: 0.2 grams

Vitamins: 

Tomatoes are enriched with some of the essential vitamins required by our body. These vitamins include: 

Vitamin C: It is an essential nutrient and antioxidant that comprises 28% of RID in one medium-sized tomato. 

Potassium: Another critical nutrient benefit for lowering blood pressure and preventing heart diseases.

Vitamin K1: Important for blood clotting and bone health.

Folate: Important for normal tissue growth and cell function.

These round red shape tomatoes provide many health benefits that include:

Healthy Heart

Heart diseases are one of the major sources of death around the globe. Studies have shown that the low level of lycopene is linked to heart diseases.

 Tomatoes enriched with the essential nutrients maintain a healthy heart. They provide a protective effect to the inner layer of bleed vessels decreasing the risk of blood clotting and in return; heart attacks and strokes.

Cancer Prevention:

Tomatoes have been proven an excellent source in the prevention of cancer as well. It has been observed that those who consume tomatoes and their products on daily basis are at much less risk of cancers. 

It also prevents breast cancer in women. 

Skin Health:

These are considered beneficial for skin health as well. 

Tomato-based food enriched with lycopene prevents your skin from skin burns. 

Blood pressure

The high potassium ions in tomatoes are an excellent source of lowering blood pressure. 

Diabetes

One cup of cherry tomatoes provides 2 grams of fiber which is used for the prevention of diabetes.  

Hence, consuming tomatoes will prevent you from diabetes as well. 

Constipation:

Tomatoes are often described as a laxative food. The high water and fiber in it provides a normal bowel movement and help reduce constipation. 

Eye Health: 

Tomatoes are a rich wellspring of lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene. These are excellent agents that have been appeared to secure the eyes against light-actuated harm, the advancement of waterfalls, and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).

Pregnancy:

While it is suggested that ladies who are pregnant take a folic corrosive enhancement, tomatoes are an incredible wellspring of normally happening folate. This applies similarly to ladies who may get pregnant sooner rather than later.

Dejar una respuesta